9 DAY 8 NIGHT LUXURY TOUR SAPA - HALONG BAY FROM HANOI/ 2021-2022
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi - Halong Bay
Day 3: Halong Bay - Explore the amazing natural beauty of Halong Bay
Day 4: Halong Bay- Hanoi- Lao Cai night train
Day 5: Lao Cai - Sapa
Day 6: Sapa - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van
Day 7: Sapa - Sin Chai - Lao Cai - Night train to Hanoi
Day 8: Hanoi Free Day
Day 9: Hanoi Departure
Best Seller. 100 % Satisfaction Guaranteed. Award for Excellence.
Ideal tour for first-time visitors - Its possible to extend with one or more nights
Private tour with flexible travel date and programs
Please, contact our Travel Consultants to start planning your trip to Vietnam
- See landmarks such as One Pillar Pagoda, the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, and the Temple of Literature
- Admire West Lake and the Lake of the Restored Sword
- Learn about the city from a guide
- Enjoy the breathtaking mountain scenery and rice terraces
- Walk through villages where ethnic people live. Visit their homes and witness their daily activities
- Have the opportunity to take beautiful photos of rice terraces and meet ethnic minority people to learn more about their customs and cultures.
- Sail through the thousands of limestone islands in Halong Bay.
- Witness spectacular sunsets and delightful dawns over the bay.
- Discover The Cave, where the Love Story of Halong Bay began
- Join a cooking demonstration of Vietnamese traditional cuisine or an early Tai Chi class
Day 1: Hanoi arrival
Arrival at Hanoi. Meeting at the airport then transfer to the hotel for check in. Room is at your disposal from 13:30 onward. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Hanoi - Halong Bay (B, L, D )
In the morning leave Hanoi for Halong Bay, arriving around noon. Board a traditional wooden junk and begin your exploration of magical Halong Bay, one of Southeast Asia’s premier tourist destinations. An excellent, fresh seafood lunch and dinner will be served on the boat. Overnight onboard the very comfortable and charming junk.
Day 3: Halong Bay (B, L, D)
After breakfast, being transferred to a day boat trip and spending more time to explore the amazing natural beauty of Halong Bay and can join some activities such as kayaking, fishing or visiting floating villages. Lunch will be served on day boat. Return to mother boat in the late afternoon for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Halong Bay - Hanoi - Lao Cai night train (B, L)
You are advised to set your alarm clock to enjoy a spectacular dawn over the bay. After a morning bathe and breakfast on board you will continue your cruise to explore the bay. After brunch on board your junk, it will be time to head back to the pier to return Hanoi. On the way back from Halong Bay, stop to visit a typical pagoda of Vietnam ( If time permits ). Afterwards, transfer back to Hanoi.
Return to Hanoi late in the afternoon and transfer directly to the railway station for night train to Lao Cai. Dinner on your own. Overnight on the train is in an air- conditioned cabin with sleeper berth (4 persons per cabin)
Day 5: Lao Cai - Sapa (B, L)
You will arrive at Lao Cai at around 6.00 am and transfer to the hotel nearby for a short rest and enjoying breakfast. Afterwards you will spend the day visiting Ta Phin and Ma Tra villages. We drive from Lao Cai to Ta Phin village where we will get to know the daily life style, handicraft traditions and specific customs of the Red Dzao tribe. Take a walk through rice paddies and enjoy spectacular scenery along the way before arriving at Ma Tra village, home of the black H’Mong ethnic people. Hidden away from civilization the villagers still maintain their way of living and life as they have for many centuries. Later on, transfer to Sapa town in the late morning. Lunch at a local restaurant. Check in to your hotel. The balance of day is free at your leisure. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 6: Sapa - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van (B, L)
Built in the early 1920s as a French hill station, Sapa village has rested peacefully in isolation since the end of World War II, and was opened up to foreign travelers just a few years ago. The French nicknamed the Sapa region the “Tonkinese Alps”, and its rugged and exotic beauty is still a draw. The district is peopled by eight different ethnic groups that originated in China and other countries surrounding Vietnam, and the majority of them are subsistence farmers, with rice being the most important crop. Enjoy a beautiful trekking tour though the villages of Hmong and Black Daos, and rice terraces. Transfer from your hotel to Y Linh Ho village, where you will begin your trek via a small path to the village of Lao Chai. You will then start your descending walk into the valley, which is the largest paddy terrace in Sapa area. The guide can provide you interesting information about rice and rice growing. In a specific time of the year (Jul- Aug), you will be able to experience how the local do planting and harvesting, one of the most important activities in their daily life. The walk takes you from Lao Chai village of Black H’mong minority to Ta Van village of Giay minority, including a visit to one of the local schools. Lunch at a local family. Transfer back to your hotel in Sapa town. The balance of day then is free at leisure. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 7: Sapa - Sin Chai - Lao Cai - Night train to Hanoi (B, L,D )
+ Option 1: This morning you will leave Sapa town behind, take a short transfer to the small village of Sin Chai, inhabited by Black H’mong people. Sin Chai is located at the foot of Fansipan Mountain in an area covered by rain forest and under the protection of Hoang Lien National Park. Upon arrival at the village, you start the walk around and experience the daily life of the villagers who still maintain their ancestor’s way of life. You continue the walk out of the village, following a dirt trail running through rice paddy and corn hill along a narrow river, enjoying the spectacular scenery surrounding. After a short walk you will reach a suspension bridge where you also can visit a local house of the few Black H’mong families living here. You will then return to the village centre, where you get on the vehicle and have a drive back to Sapa.
+ Option 2: Take a scenic cable car ride up 3,143 meters above sea level to the peak of Fansipan Mountain, the highest mountain in the Indochinese Peninsula, Fansipan. Take in an impressive scenic view of Hoang Lien Son Range and Muong Hoa Valley’s natural landscapes as you ascend up the mountain. When you reach the top, spend time admiring the breathtaking views and explore the various temples at the peak. Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of the mountain with a visit to the Bich Van Thien Tu pagoda, Bao An Thien Tu temple, and Thanh Van Dac Lo spiritual landmarks. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, free to walk around Sapa town or go shoping at local market until driving back to Lao Cai Station for the night train to Hanoi. Room in Sapa is at disposal until noon only.
Dinner will be served in a local restaurant. Overnight on the train in an air- conditioned cabins with soft sleeper berth (4 persons per cabin).
Day 8: Hanoi Free Day (B)
Arrive Hanoi Train Station at 5.00AM in the early morning. Transfer to your hotel for early check in. The balance of the day is at your leisure
Optional: Take 01 hour cyclo tour around the Old Quarter to enjoy the soul and sound of Hanoi. Visit a local Market and Cooking class at....
Day 9: Hanoi Departure ( B,L )
In the morning, visit to Vietnam’s capital city. Highlight are Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum, his traditional stilt house and the revered One- Pillar Pagoda. After that, visit Vietnam’s first university, the thousand- year- old Temple of Literature. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant.
Free time at your leisure until transfer to the airport for your departure flight. Room is at disposal until noon time only. SERVICES END.
These prices include
• Accommodation in the category chosen or similar (subject to availability).
• Meals as mentioned in the program. B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner.
• All local boat rentals and cycling as mentioned in the program. Cruise on non-private junk in Ha Long bay.
• Transfer from and to the airports by private vehicle with A/C. Transportation by private vehicle with A/C.
• All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the program.
• Local English speaking guide(s) where mentioned.
These price exclude
• Meals and drinks are not mentioned in the program.
• International and internal flight tickets in economy class
• Visa fee
• Tips & personal expenses. Personal insurance. Any service not clearly mentioned in the program.
- Sequences of the Itinerary is subject to changes without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances
- Tour is conducted in English
- Halong Bay Cruise is subjected to weather conditions
- Standard Hotel Check in time: 2:00pm – 3:00 pm (local time)
- Standard Hotel Check out time: 11:00am-12pm (local time)
- Hotel peak surcharge applies
- Hotel late check-out after 12pm (subject to availability)
- Hotel early check-in before 14pm (subject to availability)
- Terms and conditions apply
Special note for Sapa Tour: Bring along light cotton dress / trouser, warm jacket (rain and wind, silk sleeping bag, mosquito repellent, good walking / hiking shoes, a walking stick, sun hat / sun lotion, hand lotion, lip balm.
Roads: Driving can be a challenge as roads can be bumpy or under construction, driving time depends on weather and road conditions – only rough estimates can be given.